cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N9K VTP

Anukalp S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.. I have been running nexus 9K,  NXOS: version 6.1(2)I3(4a). I want to configure VTP server on nexus 9k and client on my 2960 switches. Please share cli command as i dont find VTP server command on nexus 9k.

I want VLANs running on N9K to be replicated on cisco 2960 switches.

2 Replies 2

lpassmore
Level 1
Level 1

From the following documentation, VTP is only supported in transparent mode on the Nexus 9K and is disabled by default.  You will have to use another device as the VTP server and if the N9K is in the path between the server and other clients you will have to enable VTP Transparent.

But in any case you will have to recreate the VLANs on the 9K

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/6-x/layer2/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Layer_2_Switching_Configuration_Guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Layer_2_Switching_Configuration_Guide_chapter_...

VTP Modes

VTP is supported in these modes:

• Transparent—Allows you to relay all VTP protocol packets that it receives on a trunk port to all other trunk ports. When you create or modify a VLAN that is in VTP transparent mode, those VLAN changes affect only the local device. A VTP transparent network device does not advertise its VLAN configuration and does not synchronize its VLAN configuration based on received advertisements.

If VTP is in transparent mode, you can configure VLAN long names of up to 128 characters.

Thanks, but i dont have any other devices b/w nexus and Cisco 2960, it this feature available in other code

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card