Helpful
Replies

NAT OUTSIDE ISSUE

wasincisco99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All Expert

I would like to make a lab with 3 router by NAT

This is a simple diagram , would like to NAT from R3 to outside local  IP to dummy IP such a 1.1.1.1

R1<---->R2<----->R3

And then NAT 1.1.1.1 global inside to whatever IP on local network .

Due to I don't want to advertise local IP from R1 to R3 i just need to advertise dummy IP to R3 only

I try to do lik this but it does not work .

Anyone can suggestion ?

4 Replies 4

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Suggest posting the configs of the routers in order to provide the best solution.

Hello

You can do this from R2 and have R3 as a internal network attached to R2 or apply the same configuration obviously changing the addressing to accommodate the internal network of R3 and it wan interface to R2

R2
int x/x
description wan facing R1
ip address 12.12.12.2 255.255.255.0
ip nat outside

int x/x
description LAN facing R3
ip address 23.23.23.2 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside

access-list 10 permit 23.23.23.0 0.0.0.255
ip nat inside source list 10 interface (wan interface) overload

R3
int x/x
ip address 23.23.23.3 255.255.255.0
description WAN facing R2

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 23.23.23.2

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi. Paul 

Thank you for you help but for the R3 i have only static routing to  dummy IP only and also advertising only Dummy IP to R1 

I could not add routing to from R3 to R1 subnet so i know if i added defualt routing as in your configuration it absolutely work . 

Hello

Can you post the config of the 3 rtrs please

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card