Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT "reversible" keyword command in ASR 1001

anand ukey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm having an issue with copying an cisco IOS command regarding NAT reversible to a cisco IOS XE on ASR

I’m having trouble copying a command which is on IOS to IOS XE.

The below command is taken in normal IOS – 7206

ip nat inside source static 10.101.1.7 110.100.1.7 route-map ALPHA reversible.

However, in IOS –XE on ASR 1001 it’s not working.

euma-fr-tipic-th2-01(config)#ip nat inside source static 10.101.1.7 110.100.1.7 route-map ALPHA reversible

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

I wanted to know if  IOS XE by default considers the “reversible” keyword command for outside-to-inside translation for static NAT ?

Or if the IOS XE does not support the “reversible” keyword in static NAT at all?

Can someone please let me know what is the equivalent command in IOS XE?

Thanks in advance..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

According with ASR Nat trouble-shooting Guide:
Starting with release XE 3.1.1 reversible becomes the default behavior with static route-maps (to align with general static behavior). No keyword is necessary to obtain this behavior.

hope this help, please let us know your findings.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

anand ukey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!!!!

Any one has experience on the ASR IOS XE?

Same issue moving code from a ISR3925 G2 to a 4451 ISR running IOS XE.. I depend on the reversible function. Trying to get a TAC answer this week.

Nick

According with ASR Nat trouble-shooting Guide:
Starting with release XE 3.1.1 reversible becomes the default behavior with static route-maps (to align with general static behavior). No keyword is necessary to obtain this behavior.

hope this help, please let us know your findings.

thank you all for your reply. Yes I agree No reversible Keyword is necessary after XE 3.1.1 release.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card