Helpful
Replies

Native vlan mismatch

cristian_neagu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a question.

I just enabled 2 vlans (30,40) in my network and I am getting some native vlan mismatch.

So my core switch is a Cisco 3750G PoE model and  6 switches are cisco 3500xl model. I have enabled vlans only on the core switch.

I will give you an example:

On port 12 of the core I have enabled Vlan 30 switch port mode access and is connecting to one 3500xl switch. There is no trunk between them. 

The thing is that on 4 switches I get native vlan mismatch but on 2 i do not.There is no trunk set up between them, I will probably do that in the nearest future. Just did a quick setup to separate the voice from the data.

I tried to setup in the core connection with one switch on the port where i get this error the native vlan 1. But i am still getting this error.

The curious case is why i am getting this only on 4 and not on all.

Any ideas? The only way to fix this is by enabling dot1q trunks between the switches and allowing the vlans?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Horacio2021
Level 1
Level 1

whenever you make   more vlans,you have to have the native vlan ,namely , the vlans in your switch 30,40,1 (native), for example

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12-1_13_ea1/configuration/guide/3550scg/swvlan.html#wp1101186

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

does each side switch to switch connection match as an access port , even if there not trunk you will still get a vlan mismatch even if its access vlan 10 on 1 side and access vlan 12 on the other as an example

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I believe you can also "fix" by disabling CDP (on the port, if supported).

rafaelti1
Level 1
Level 1

Vlan 1 is native by default, if you specified a diff native vlan on one switch and did not set it on the other then you will have a native vlan mismatch. Can you post your configs so we can take a look?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card