cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help guys

MacAmb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys what's up i know this is Cisco community but i have a problem here is my situation:.

Hello guys what's up i have a problem with my setup the connection between router and poe smart Switch keep disconnecting.and when it happens i have no activity on both ports LED no blinking nothing and sometimes it does work for a certain time then it disconnect again.and sometimes it does work for sometimes

7 uap ac lite connected to that switch and on ip camera

The connection between router and poe smart Switch is via Ethernet cable

And the incoming connection is Fiber optic.

Tried everything nothing is working.
Please help.

My main router: Huawei GPON ONU MT:0011

IP: Auto DHCP

Subnet mask:255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.1.1

Poe smart Managed switch: DS-3E1318P-SI

Ip address:192.168.1.64

Subnet mask:255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.1.1

I have no problem connecting to my main router (ftth) via wifi or lan cable.

Its just hte cable gets disconnected between poe smart Switch and router both led ports switches off.

Even i turned off poe for that port but it didn't make any difference not sure what's causing this.

I also attached a pic showing my setup

8 Replies 8

Hello,

tough one. Do the logs of the router and/or the switch show anything ? You say you have tried everything...did you try to change the cable, or use a different port on the router and/or the switch ?

MacAmb
Level 1
Level 1

Yea tried different cables different ports on both router and switch like i said sometimes it does work some it doesn't.

And the logs says disconnected

Hello,

I guess the obvious thing to do is to replace either one of the units...not sure if that is an option ?

MacAmb
Level 1
Level 1

I could try another Smart poe switch but for router is working because i can connect my laptop via LAN cable with no problem.

Hello,

if you are in a position to replace the switch, that would be good test. If the problem persists, we will need to look at both port configs. Can you post those already anyway ?

MacAmb
Level 1
Level 1

Ok i tried another unmanaged poe switch and its the same think.when there is no activity between router and switch I restart the router the activity is on and i get an internet connection for a few min then both leds go off again.

Hello,

not good. I am not a Huawei expert, but I did some research and found the below. I wonder if you can connect a switch at all...

https://forum.huawei.com/enterprise/en/can-an-ont-connect-to-a-switch-in-the-lower-layer-to-support-the-enterprise-private-line-service/thread/675311-100181

MacAmb
Level 1
Level 1

Whats that i have Huawei gpon ont with 4 Lan ports and one of them is connected to a poe switch .

And that page says you can't connect toa switch?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card