cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need your advice to implement Core-switch and Access switch with!!!

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I really need your advice on switching as we have 2 core-switch 3750 and access switch 2960 around 15 unit.

on Core-switch 3750 we will configure stacking from 3750 to 3750 and access switch 2960 connection both core-witch for back up.

so could you advice before implement lot of switch and standard configure that we need to use.

should we use VTP , STP...... and how to configure with VTP server and client and how to configure STP ?

Best Regard,

Rechard 

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 how to configure STP ?

What for?  Why not configure EtherChannel?  

Dear Leo and Jon,

Thank for your advice.

for me i not clear when we use VTP,STP and EtherChannel. so currently i have 2 core-switch and more access switch, i would like all of you advice me which option that have standard and don't have any problem during we implementation. do you have link for sample configure for this requirement?

Appropriate for your advice.

Best Regards,

Rechard  

Just to clarify STP.

I agree with both Leo and Vivek that if you have no loops you don't technically need STP but you should still run it.

It has very little impact in terms of the traffic etc. and unless you have a very good reason not to run it is useful as a failsafe.

Jon

A post in this discussion has been removed due to possible misconduct. Please refer to the CSC terms of use for more details.

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would make the stack the STP root for all vlans.

With VTP it is up to you which you use ie. client/server or transparent.

If all vlans are going to be on all access switches there is nothing wrong with using VTP client/server setup if you don't want to have to manually add all vlans to each switch.

Transparent is somewhat safer but it comes down to personal preference in the end.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card