cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on 3750-X Question

Rodne2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All -  I've been reviewing all of the Netflow documentation for the 3750X and came across a couple of questions.  If anyone can help out with any questions, it will be greatly appreciated.

We have a Cisco 3750X Switch with the correct module (C3KX-SM-10G) to support Netflow.   We are about to upgrade IOS to the correct version to support Netflow, plus we have the IP Base license as well.

My question is, can I SPAN all ports from the 3750X to one of the 10 Gig ports on the Module (C3KX-SM-10G) and capture all of the traffic via that 10 Gig port???  Then I will have a Server connected to that 10 Gig port to capture all of the netflow data via a 3rd party application.

Has anyone tried this method?  Is it doable??

Thanks for any suggestions.

3 Replies 3

What I understand is that you want to Netflow the port to port trafic and in order to do that you force it on your uplink...

Well that will work but there is a limitation of 1.5G on SPAN E-gress span, so that will you if you it that upper limit.

The prefered aproach is to use Private VLAN edge... forces the traffic up the uplink and then the box above sends it down if need be

Jean-Francois Vincent

3K guy!

Actually

You just have RSPAN by "ACL"ing  the ingres... (the Egres of one port will be the Ingress of anothe one) so just disregard the Egress and you will not hit the 1.5G limitation.

JF

Hello. Is it possible to monitor ingress / egress traffic via netflow on SVI on 3750-X switch ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card