Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow on 4500 w/ Supervisor Engine V-10GE

tommyboay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking into Netflow accounting implementation on my infrastructure. I have many 4500 chassis with Supervisor Engine V-10GE that could be interesting to put as netflow exporters. From the documentation, it looks like I dont even need any additional card to make it work :

"Integrated NetFlow on the Supervisor Engine V-10GE supports per-packet capture for flow- and VLAN-based statistics. Detailed information of each flow (a stream of packets traveling in one direction from one endpoint to another across the network) is cached such as the IP address, packet and byte count, time stamp, and application port. This data is then exported, collected, and analyzed for numerous purposes such as virus and denial-of-service detection and mitigation, departmental billing, and traffic monitoring. All NetFlow processing on the Supervisor Engine V-10GE is performed in hardware without any performance degradation to Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching."

From http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps6033/product_data_sheet0900aecd801c5c66.html

Did anyone already tried Netflow on these cards ? Is it really not impacting the supervisor RP ? Can I also use the CBQoS part on these ?

Sorry for all these questions but finding relevant info on this subject is quite a struggle.

Thanks,

Thomas

3 Replies 3

tommyboay
Level 1
Level 1

If anyone is interested, I'll be testing this with Solarwinds NTA in the next months. Please let me know if someone would like to have feedback.

I am interested in this too.

Also tell us how much did the solution cost you?

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thomas

Please do post the results. I am sure that I am not the only one who would find the feedback interesting.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card