cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow Setup DMVPN GRE and Layer3

fasteddye
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to get some real world experiences with Netflow setup on remote routers.  We have netflow currently configured and working with our Netflow collector but I am reviewing the Netflow setup and thought this would be a good opprotunity to reach out to the community to get some feedback on setups.  

At our remote sites we have rotuers on a stick with DMVPN GRE Tunnels.  We currently have Netflow setup for ingress on the Tunnel interfaces and on some Layer3 interfaces and/or subinterfaces.  We do not currently have Netflow on the physical interfaces for the WAN circuits.  

I wanted to get opinions on having Netflow on the Tunnel and all Layer 3 interfaces or just having it on the Tunnel interfaces.  I understand that Netflow on the Tunnel interface will only show the flows going across the WAN and not necessarily flows between the networks locally at the site which in our case most all traffic would be traversing the WAN circuits.

Any feedback, suggestions, opinions, and real world experiences are appreciated.

Many Thanks! 

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card