cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow stats on 6509 hybrid Layer 2 vlan only

dmooreami
Level 3
Level 3

I have a L2 vlan only. I don't see in the various netflow docs how I can setup netflow to pull info from that L2 vlan. Lots of info about how to setup netflow with a L3 Vlan and interfaces and how to do it with the native mode IOS. That doesn't help me here running Native CatOS.

Running 8.3(2) CatOS and 12.2(14)ZA7 on the MFC

Geez I hate hybrid CATOS! :)

What have I missed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You aren't missing anything.

One of the restrictions from NetFlow:

In PFC3B or PFC3BXL mode with Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases, NetFlow supports bridged IP traffic. PFC3A mode does not support NetFlow bridged IP traffic.

Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/netflow.html

NetFlow isn't supported in CatOS and it inspects 'routed' flows. You should be able to configure it in the MSFC.

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You aren't missing anything.

One of the restrictions from NetFlow:

In PFC3B or PFC3BXL mode with Release 12.2(18)SXE and later releases, NetFlow supports bridged IP traffic. PFC3A mode does not support NetFlow bridged IP traffic.

Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/netflow.html

NetFlow isn't supported in CatOS and it inspects 'routed' flows. You should be able to configure it in the MSFC.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks. For security, this VLAN is L2 only, there is no L3 counterpart in the MFC. So, no "netflow" for this interface. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: