Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow

shaikh.zaid22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to configure Netflow in Cat 9407 chassis switch.

I have a doubt whether the interface configuration can be applied to the port channel interface which is trunk ?

Since i have my access layers sw coming upto the core sw as a PO, and i want to send this traffic as a Netflow to a NAC vm hosted in the blade server.

Appreciate any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi guys,

Thanks @marce1000 and @balaji.bandi both your references worked in my case and am able to get the flow logs into my destination.

moreover, what i observed in marce's refernce, it is not mandatory to configure source in flow-exporter; based on destination address only, i was able to see the flows getting transferred to the destination.

thanks 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9400/software/release/16-8/configuration_guide/nmgmt/b_168_nmgmt_9400_cg/b_168_nmgmt_9400_cg_chapter_0111.html#reference_FB2AAC4511A140CEBC384F64F86F4DCC

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you looking to use port-channel, you need to apply on the port-channel interface  (make sure the source interface can not be part of the destination)

example Netflow test on cat 9K switches.

https://www.balajibandi.com/?p=1383

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you guys for the reply.

I configured it the cat 9407 chassis sw on PO member interfaces.

Do i need to mention the source interface is mandatory? becoz in the document attached below says OPTIONAL.

Also i did not mentioned the Netflow version, so by default it will take ver 9 ?

Please guide me. Since i can see on the firewall the traffic is going from the switch to the NAC VM.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9400/software/release/16-8/configuration_guide/nmgmt/b_168_nmgmt_9400_cg/b_168_nmgmt_9400_cg_chapter_0111.html#reference_FB2AAC4511A140CEBC384F64F86F4DCC

Hi guys,

Thanks @marce1000 and @balaji.bandi both your references worked in my case and am able to get the flow logs into my destination.

moreover, what i observed in marce's refernce, it is not mandatory to configure source in flow-exporter; based on destination address only, i was able to see the flows getting transferred to the destination.

thanks 

Glad that our suggestion helped to fix the issue.. if you looking more granular you can do source, if not all captured going to desitnation.

high-level example :

I would like to see only X  going to a destination  Y - then you only see that information data

if no X as source any destination going to Y will be recorded, this is depends on requirement and need for monitor

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card