Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Design project for my course

eliaswazar54520
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing well during this pandemic. I need your help in my project on Cisco Packet tracer. I have google everything but I still can find my way to draw the network with all the conditions needed. Note that I'm new to Packet Tracer 

Here is my project:

Small Company:

-Design a network and draw a layout including IPs and Subnets for a small company with 6 different VLANs.

-Your design should have redundant routers or L3 switches. And two uplinks to each access switch.

-wireless system should be available with different VLANs (controllable wireless solution with dot1x authentication).

-the company will have two different internet connections from two different ISPs with failover capabilities in case one connection is down.

If anyone can help me, that will be great.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards, 

E.

2 Replies 2

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you can start reading the Cisco validated designs

Cisco Validated Design Program - Cisco Validated Designs - Cisco

although in may seem too much info, all you need is in there, like vlans, subnets, redundancy, site hierarchy

Hello,

the below should get you started (project created and saved in Packet Tracer version 8). 

- 6 Vlans

- HSP redundancy for all Vlans

- redundant DHCP servers on the L3 switches

- redundant ISP routers

The ISP router redundancy is accomplished through HSRP tracking of the interface connected to the ISP. There are many different ways to configure failover/redundancy, this is one of them.

Attached the zipped project file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card