cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network management query

vishal77
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All, I'm having some little confusion about some Cisco iOS network management commands and its effect. And I'm pretty sure here I will get the answer. 1) service nagle Want to know the exact impact of this line in enabling service nagle (Do not use the service nagle command if you have XRemote users on X Window sessions) Is it make my users trying to take access of switch using telnet/ssh from remote location i.e via Mpls or Vpn unstable or access denied sometimes ? 2) enter a command logging trap informational on Cisco iOS 15.2(4) E8 switch in global configuration mode but after entering this command it is not visible in switch running config. But same if I enter command logging trap warning it is showing in switch running config. Can anyone know why is it so ? Regards, Vishal
5 Replies 5

naveed817
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Vishal,

Regarding following command,

2) enter a command logging trap informational

This is the default of IOS, that's why its not showing in the running config. You can verify it by using "show logging"

Thanks naved for your help. Do you have any idea about service nagle query which I have raised. Just asking

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how about below command that help you ?

#show running-config al

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hello

Service nagle i use most of not all the time - i came across this feature in my ccie studies- however this link to a old csc post explains it -here 

logging informational activates the logging level 6 and anything below it to be logged however you need to enable logging console to see such information logs on the rtr/switch and logging trap to see it on a syslog server

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul,

I have already gone through that link and that's really good.

But what I want to know the exact meaning and impact of this line "Do not use the "service nagle" command if you have XRemote users on X Window system sessions." 

That I didn't got very much clear answer.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card