Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 2k Port Channel

Network Pro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to create a port channel between HP servers (4 nic) and two nexus 2k.  The server side its a single team with 803.2ad fault taulerence and on the nexus side it have created two port channel (port channel 1 for nexus 2k1 and port channel 2 for nexus 2k2) and made them ACTIVE (channel group mode active)

But when i add a another server on different ports and port channel them the same way as the above server on nexus 2k1 and nexus 2k2, the first server stops pinging. so i have to sht down the first port channel and reopen them - then it works, however it says NO NETWORK ACCESS on the servers (running windows 2008). the only way is to reboot the server  i cant be doing this on a production network.

any ideas why this would happen ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

what is the software version on 5Ks and what models are the 5Ks and 2Ks?

Siddhartha

we are using nexus 7k (not 5k) software version 5.1.3

nexus 2k - 2248

lessaid.a
Level 1
Level 1

Seen this behaviour on a 5k Nexus with HP servers.

They get too much probleme with servers that does not respect the RFCs with the new code.

Did you try to upgrade the drivers/teaming software and try again ?

Give us some logs on the Nexus/Server

yep tried upgrading the software but doesnt work.

i found that this is a bug on the nexus 7k where one port channel drops on adding another one.

Existing Portchannel (HIF) breaks when other PC(HIF) on same FEX flaps

Symptom:

Port-channel with more than 1 member in it going from FEX to the end hosts. Connectivity issue is seen on an existing port-channel when a new port-channel is brought up or an existing port-channel is flapped.

Conditions:

When a new port-channel is flapped or an existing one is flapped.

Workarounds:

None

Needs NX-OS updating to 5.2 or later

Can you post the bug ID?

CSCts68444

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card