Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 2k Port Channel

Network Pro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to create a port channel between HP servers (4 nic) and two nexus 2k.  The server side its a single team with 803.2ad fault taulerence and on the nexus side it have created two port channel (port channel 1 for nexus 2k1 and port channel 2 for nexus 2k2) and made them ACTIVE (channel group mode active)

But when i add a another server on different ports and port channel them the same way as the above server on nexus 2k1 and nexus 2k2, the first server stops pinging. so i have to sht down the first port channel and reopen them - then it works, however it says NO NETWORK ACCESS on the servers (running windows 2008). the only way is to reboot the server  i cant be doing this on a production network.

any ideas why this would happen ?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

what is the software version on 5Ks and what models are the 5Ks and 2Ks?

Siddhartha

we are using nexus 7k (not 5k) software version 5.1.3

nexus 2k - 2248

lessaid.a
Level 1
Level 1

Seen this behaviour on a 5k Nexus with HP servers.

They get too much probleme with servers that does not respect the RFCs with the new code.

Did you try to upgrade the drivers/teaming software and try again ?

Give us some logs on the Nexus/Server

yep tried upgrading the software but doesnt work.

i found that this is a bug on the nexus 7k where one port channel drops on adding another one.

Existing Portchannel (HIF) breaks when other PC(HIF) on same FEX flaps

Symptom:

Port-channel with more than 1 member in it going from FEX to the end hosts. Connectivity issue is seen on an existing port-channel when a new port-channel is brought up or an existing port-channel is flapped.

Conditions:

When a new port-channel is flapped or an existing one is flapped.

Workarounds:

None

Needs NX-OS updating to 5.2 or later

Can you post the bug ID?

CSCts68444

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card