Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5000 port channels

Hi,

I CONFIGURED A PORT CHANNEL FOR ACCESS PORT AS BELOW ON n5K AND ASSIGNED  A STATIC IP ADDRESS TO THE SERVER.

FROM THE SERVER I TRIED TO PING VLAN 390 GATEWAY...I AM UNABLE TO PING IT....CAN SOME ONE HELP ME OUT ? IS BELOW CONFIG IS CORRECT ... DO I NEED TO CONFIGURE "CHANNEL-GROUP 63 MODE ACTIVE " UNDER THE E110/1/33 ????

interface port-channel63
  description SERVER
  switchport access vlan 390

interface Ethernet110/1/33
  description SERVER-A
  switchport access vlan 390
  spanning-tree port type edge
  no snmp trap link-status
  channel-group 63

2 Replies 2

bapatsubodh
Level 1
Level 1

vishwanathgautham,

Not sure why you are configuring port-channel down to a single server-access port.

Then if you want to configure port--channel you will need to configure similar configuration on the server side as well, you may want to "team-of NIC" (with correct configuration for).

Here is the link that may be useful for vPC configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/nexus-5000-series-switches/configuration_guide_c07-543563.html

HTH.....Thanks!

Subodh

A port channel bundles up to eight individual interfaces into a group to provide increased bandwidth and redundancy. Port channeling also load balances traffic across these physical interfaces. The port channel stays operational as long as at least one physical interface within the port channel is operational.

You create a port channel by bundling compatible interfaces. You can configure and run either static port channels or ports channels running the Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). (See “Understanding LACP” section for information on LACP.)
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/configuration/guide/cli/CLIConfigurationGuide/EtherChannel.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: