cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5010 with 2232PP fabric extender

mmercaldieze
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Nexus 5010 10gb switches with a 2232PP 10gb fabric extender.

The 2 nexus switches are using VPC to conenct to the fabric extender with 1 port on each nexus connected to the fabric extender.  Each port is 10gb on the nexus connected to the fabric extender.  The utilization on each interface is low, no more than 30%.  When doing a 5gb file transfer from 1 windows server on the 2232PP (10gb is configured on the interface) to another windows server on the nexus 5010(10gb is configured on the interface), I am seeing 2gb transfer rate.  But if I do a 5gb transfer to from 2 windows servers on the nexus 5010 itself, I am seeing 5+gb transfer rate.  Has anyone else seen this issue before and know how to increase increase the speed between fabric extender and nexus?

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

As i undersatnd you are having dual homed fabric extender setup that mean Active-Active uplink setup.Are you seeing both the links are getting utlised during data transfer.

And as you said when you connect both the host on same switch you are getting more bandiwdth that is obvious becasue traffic will forward from same switch fabric rather passing trunk links.

-GI

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card