Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5020 and GLC-T

Mhon Baul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Could someone confirm if the below nexus 5020 nx-os version and type/revision of my GLC-T is compatible with each other? I noticed also the "Transceiver calibation is invalid"  when i do show int e1/8 transceiver details , what does it mean?

UTP straight cable already plug between server and N5K but still our link is not connected.

Thanks in advance!

cheers,

mhon

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't remember if this is the same issue that you need a "v3" SFP to work.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Hi Leolaohoo,

thanks for your response. do you think revision 11.0 is not "v3"?

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Your version of OS does support it.  The minimum requirement is NX-OS 4.0(1a)N1(1)

have a look at table-9 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.html#wp139256

Also, have a look at this treat:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2014677

HTH

Hi Reza,

thanks for your response. Yes, I already checked this one before but I don't understand still it doesn't work

I would like to open a case but unfortunately my contract was expired and on the way to renew it..

BR,

mhon

kunkelta
Level 1
Level 1

I may be thinking of another switch but I believe that you need to use speed 1000 on the interface to get it to work.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

hi kunkelta,  I already configured the speed on the interface

kunkelta
Level 1
Level 1

Another thought is that the 5020 will only do 1 Gb on certain ports. Not certain but it is the first few ports that do 1 Gb.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes, you are right. 5020 support 1G starting from port eth1 - eth16..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card