cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 L3 licensing ... ARGH!

randerson
Level 1
Level 1

We have just purchased and installed the L3 daughter card for our 5548UPs and have also installed the L3 Enterprise Services pkg. The problem is, I cannot enable the EIGRP feature even though we have the Ent Svc lic. After doing a little more research, I see that the Lan Base lic is required to enable the L3 card and many of the L3 features (the card is currently in an "offline" state).

From what I have read on this board, the Lan Base lic is a free license that should be included with the L3 daughter card -- however, Cisco licensing will not issue me that license without a sales order (even though a Nexus engineer said it was included, the licensing group will not issue with an official sales order). Well, our vendor ordered the card and the Ent Svcs lic but for some reason we were never sent a PAK for the LAN Base lic.

Has anyone run into this same situation?  How do I get Cisco to issue the LAN Base license to us??

Thanks in advance!!

Ross

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How do I get Cisco to issue the LAN Base license to us??

Send an email to Cisco Entitlements with the serial number of your chassis plus the Layer 3 daughter card and they'll be able to sort something out for you.

This team is very, very on-the-ball and you should be able to get a response from them within 4 hours.

So far, they have responded to all of my Service Contract issues within 1 hour.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
How do I get Cisco to issue the LAN Base license to us??

Send an email to Cisco Entitlements with the serial number of your chassis plus the Layer 3 daughter card and they'll be able to sort something out for you.

This team is very, very on-the-ball and you should be able to get a response from them within 4 hours.

So far, they have responded to all of my Service Contract issues within 1 hour.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card