cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 on software version 7.3(3)N1 caught in endless power cycle.

I just upgraded my Nexus 5548 to software version 7.3(3)N1.  It was originally on version 7.1(0)N1 and I've been trying to get 802.1x/RADIUS working on it; and was having problems.  I saw in the release notes for 7.2 that there were software improvements to RADIUS features.  So I downloaded the latest recommended software version and loaded it up.  The upgrade went perfectly.  And the switch remained up over night.  This morning I came in and entered the command, "test aaa server radius <ip address> <username> <password>" and immediately after the switch reboot on me.  Now it's stuck in an endless cycle of rebooting.  I can also see that the RADIUS module is crashing during bootup.  How do I recover from this? See the attached images.

IMG_0078.JPGIMG_0079.JPG

1 Reply 1

Looks like I've run into the bug report number: CSCva13731.  But the bug report does not indicate that the problem is found in the version 7.3(3)N1.  The bug report does say that 7.3(1)N1 is a known fixed release so I'm going to downgrade to 7.3(1)N1 and see if this goes away.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card