Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548-UP management without DL2 module

Hi, please experts help me with this, could a Nexus 5548-UP be managed without DL2 module ?, because we need to insert an expansion module for 10 fiber ports without losing management.

Thanks in advance...

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is nexus 5548 running already and you want to add another module to it ? is this correct?

how are you managing now this switch SSH? if so can you show the version and show modules to understand what is installed. ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Balaji, thanks for your reply, 

is nexus 5548 running already and you want to add another module to it ? is this correct?

Yes

how are you managing now this switch SSH? if so can you show the version and show modules to understand what is installed. ?

Yes we use SSH to manage the switch, the show module command is attached, hope you can help me with this...

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The management port separate has nothing to do with L2, L3 cards, or an explanation module.

HTH

Hi Reza, thanks for your reply,

Well the thing is, I would like to know is that if there is any other way to manage the switch without the L3 module, the switch is running and it is required to add a module to get more 10GB ports, I hope you understand what i mean and you could help me with this, if you need more details please let me know.

We use SSH to manage the switch, the show module command is attached.

Thanks in advance....

You can manage the switch without an L3 module or expansion module. If the switch is layer-2 only, all you need is an SVI on the switch with IP address. You can then ssh, talent, etc.. to that IP and manage the switch. If you are managing the switch out-of-band using mgmt0 interface, than you just need an IP on the OOB port.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card