Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548 Upgrade

James.Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

Old news I know.

I have seen all about the upgrade paths required and have all that sorted, files uploaded, commands prepared.

My question is, do I have to do the upgrade in a step by step approach?

By that I mean:

Secondary upgraded to first step on the path.

Primary to first step.

Secondary to 2nd step

Primary to 2nd step.

etc

etc

Or can I perform the three upgrades in turn on the Secondary, bring it back into service and then do the same on the Primary?

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, I have been hunting for it without joy.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It all depends on your setup, if they  are in VPC- no service impact you looking , you need to one at time.

If you not brother service impact you have large maintenance window, it does not matter, you can upgrade which ever you like.

best approach is one at a time, if  anything go wrong, you have other kit to maintain service live.

again you need to follow the upgrade path if this is big jump.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It all depends on your setup, if they  are in VPC- no service impact you looking , you need to one at time.

If you not brother service impact you have large maintenance window, it does not matter, you can upgrade which ever you like.

best approach is one at a time, if  anything go wrong, you have other kit to maintain service live.

again you need to follow the upgrade path if this is big jump.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

You would need to follow the upgrade path and upgrade both switches to the same version before going to the next version.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card