cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5548P linkFlapErrDisabled

Jeff Horton
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting a linkFlapErrDisabled on a link connected to a Fujitsu RX200 with an Intel® 10 Gigabit XF SR Server Adapter attached.. I have manually set the duplex to full and speed to 10000... Connection is an access mode connection. I have tried everything I can think of but no help.

Any suggestions as to what I can check on Nexus 5548P to ensure that the switch configuration is good?

interface Ethernet1/19

switchport access vlan 8

duplex full

Also FYI, server guy is checking for an updated version for the Intel® 10 Gigabit XF SR Server Adapter driver.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Link flap error is due to the link going up/down continually..Mostly its a L1 issue and may not have anything to do with configuration. Please check, cables, SFP etc on both sides to ensure no physical layer issues, If patch panel is involved you need to check that as well.

Madhu

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Link flap error is due to the link going up/down continually..Mostly its a L1 issue and may not have anything to do with configuration. Please check, cables, SFP etc on both sides to ensure no physical layer issues, If patch panel is involved you need to check that as well.

Madhu

SFP is a CISCO 10Gbase-SR... Not sure what type is on server but I do know it is an SR type. Going to replace fiber cable in a bit just to check it.

Hi

As far as I know there is a special cable to be used for Fujitsu server. Previously I heard from one of my xcolleagues got the same issue.

Thanks

Check cabling -- Good

Swap SFP on Cisco -- Done

Check connectivity  -- BAD.. 

All L1  checked and still flapping... 

make sure the interface is not part of a port-channel aggregation.  Try other ports. 

Intel firmware and driver updated.. Still flapping. The interface on server keeps displaying "identifying" but never succeeds.

We have tried to different SFPs (Cisco-Finisar and Cisco-AVAGO)..

Any ideas?

Hello Jeff,

Please identify which side is having problem Nexus or Server. Try moving the connection to another port on the switch or another Switch? If the issue still remains, server team needs to figure it out. But if it comes up on another port or another similar switch, a possible faulty port on 5K.

Thanks,

Madhu.

This done during testing and issue was still there no matter what port we used on switch. I will change this "answered" so it is not on the issues.. I do believe it is a server/card issue.

Alright Jeff,

Contact us back if you need any help at a later stage.

Thanks,

Madhu

For me shutdown and no shutdown worked

Ran into the linkFlapErrDisabled on a Nexus 7K and found that the XFP on the other end of the link (Nexus 5K) had a high current alarm condition.
Swapping out the defective XFP cleared the high current alarm, restored the link, and solved the issue.

fjm
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card