cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5596T kickstart copy from FTP

yangyu2
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to copy from FTP to bootflash in NX-OS kickstart 5.1(3)N1(1) (The corresponding system image is too old to support 5596T I can only get into kickstart and booting system image results in crash). It can connect to the FTP server and says saving to disk, but it actually only does the authentication but not downloading or saving. No error message, everything looks fine, just nothing saved to disk.

Is this anything I am missing?

Btw in NX-OS console, why new line is not correctly generated? For example ? will overwrite the existing line.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why would you be trying to copy a kickstart image that doesn't support your platform? The 5596T requires 5.2(1)N1(1b) or later. (reference - see just below Table 9). That applies to both the kickstart and system image.

The kickstart image seems to be working fine except that it can't save in copy command. I wonder if there's some kind of catch here. Haven't tried to the same thing with a newer kickstart.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card