cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 56128p loader

ppalmerjr
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Nexus 56128P that is missing the kickstart file in bootflash so obviously it will not boot.  It is currently sitting at the loader prompt.  I'm aware that you can IP the mgmt0 interface from the loader prompt and I have done so but I'm unable to ping this interface.  Is this by design and you can only pull down files via tftp to this interface?  I haven't set up a tftp server yet (got hung up on the fact that I couldn't ping it), now I'm wondering if not being able to ping mgmt0 in loader mode is normal.  Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,

-Paul

2 Replies 2

ppalmerjr
Level 1
Level 1

I set up a 2960 as a tftp server on the same network and my theory of not being able to ping the mgmt0 in loader mode was normal, turns out to be incorrect.  TFTP doesn't work either.  I'm beginning to thing the mgmt0 port (only loader mode version) is not working correctly.

Pulling my hair out!

Just wanted to give a quick follow up.  In the loader mode you WILL NOT be able to ping the mgmt0 interface.  Just move on to the tftp instructions to get your .bin and your kickstart files there.....ICMP is not a supported feature in this mode.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: