Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5K+2K - Ports configuration query

va1bhav32768
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have two 5548s as core. 8 FEXs are multihomed (advanced vPC topology?) to both the cores.

Suppose, I have to configure a bunch of ports on the FEXs, say Eth101/1/10 - 20. I would login to the first core and apply the configs.

My question is - do I have to do the same on the second core also? Or would the first core replicate the stuff to the second core? I know about port-profiles/CFS and such. But, without that would it automatically sync to second core?

For testing purpose, I went to Core 1 Eth101/1/10 and put a description "TEST". Wrote the config. After 5 minutes logged into second core and did show run Eth101/1/10. But, the description "TEST" didn't show up there.

Also, doing sh run on any FEX port is faster on one of the cores and very slow on second core... all the FEXs have 20 GB uplink to core 1 & 2 (so total 40GB in vPC, max pinning 1)

How do you guys do this sort of stuff on the Nexus?

2 Replies 2

Subhasis Dutta
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, U have to do the same configuration from both the core, then only it will work correctly.

Thanks for the answer Subhasis. Can you please point me to some sort of documentation or article where it talks about Management/Operations on 5K+2K?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card