Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5k Mgmt port

Mukund Sandur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I connect Nexus 5596 mgmt port to Nexus 2248TP-E swith for mamangement purpose.

Management network details:

I have seperate management network consisting of two Nexus 5k and 2248.

Each server rack has one 2248 switch where server exclusive OOB ports will be connected.These 2248's from each server rack is then uplinked to Nexus 5k. Server administrators will be connected to management Nexus 5k and will manage the servers.

Data Network details.

Each server rack ( same racks as mentioned above in addition to 2248 mgmt FEX ) will have 2232 switches and data NIC's of servers will be connected to TOR 2232 switches. Each of these 2232 switches from different racks are uplinked to Nexus 5596 switches which further connects to N7K core layer.

My requirement : I want to manage these data 5596 switches by connecting thier MGMT ports to 2248 MGMT Fex. Network admin will be connected to management Nexus 5k and will login into data 5596 switches for configuration and troubleshooting purpose.

Is it possible?

Thanks & Rgds,

Mukund

16 Replies 16

Is your question FP related or just general IGMP snooping querier configuration?

IGMP snooping is only needed if you have multicast hosts on 2 different switches and the switches are connected via a trunk.

To your question,

1) I will not use the same IP address on both switches as IGMP snooping querier.

2) You don't have to create SVI with IP address.

In the future, please create a new post with the appropriate topic so other forum user can reuse the information posted here.

Regards,

jerry

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Nexus 5k Mgmt port
Yes , you can connect  Nexus 5596 mgmt port to Nexus 2248TP-E switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card