Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5K - Remove Switch-Profile without interruption

lauresfrank
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community,

i want to remove the sync-profile on each of two synchronized Nexus 5596UP without loosing the config stored in Switch-Profile. That means without connectivity interruption and re-configuration of interfaces in "conf t mode", for example. Since NX-OS Release 5.2(1)N1(1) there is a new command

switch(config-sync)# no switch-profile abc profile-only
  • profile-only—Deletes the switch profile without the local configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/system_management/521_n1_1/b_5k_System_Mgmt_Config_521N11_chapter_011.html#task_5821520297B34535BF3DE1B2A9D2C6E4

Is that what I am looking for?

Thank you so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That is correct.  According to the link you posted, you just need to use the profile only command

Make sure you have a good copy of the config before doing this, just in case.

Deletes the switch profile as follows:

• all-config—Deletes  the switch profile on the local and peer switch. If the peer switch is  not reachable, only the local switch profile is deleted.
  • local-config—Deletes the switch profile and local configuration.
  • profile-only—Deletes the switch profile without the  local configuration

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That is correct.  According to the link you posted, you just need to use the profile only command

Make sure you have a good copy of the config before doing this, just in case.

Deletes the switch profile as follows:

• all-config—Deletes  the switch profile on the local and peer switch. If the peer switch is  not reachable, only the local switch profile is deleted.
  • local-config—Deletes the switch profile and local configuration.
  • profile-only—Deletes the switch profile without the  local configuration

HTH

Worked as desired.Thank you. The complete command is :

switch(config-sync)# no switch-profile abc profile-only all

to remove on all switch-profile switches. Former "conf sync" is inside normal configuration again.

You nailed it! Mahalo!

bstipanovich1
Level 1
Level 1

Reza, I need to remove the switch-profile on our Nexus 5k Environment as well with no down time. I just wanted to confirm that by using the 

no switch-profile abc profile-only

command that the Interfaces previously configured will keep its configs and the interfaces that are currently tied to the profile that have become unconfigurable (command is not mutually exclusive message), will be able to be configured normally

Yes, it worked with that command. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card