Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Found the issue in what neded

Is there a way for us to provide feedback to Cisco directly on this? I've been using 'reload in' for 5 years and now. I have to make a change to a remote site and this command is not available.

You mention running this script is not recommended. What is recommended?

Thanks,

Travis

Beginner

I'm not a programmer and this

I'm not a programmer and this script looks like it would be extremely useful. Do I just copy the contents of the txt file to my 5K cli? 

or do I create the scripts folder in bootflash:, then copy the txt file to the folder and run the source command?

Thanks,

Brian

Beginner

Hi Brian,

Hi Brian,

You can just paste the contents of the txt file to your 5K cli.  

The commands in the .txt file will create the bootflash:/scripts if it doesn't exist and then will create the reload script file in that directory.

The .txt file was just an easy way to paste into the cli instead of having to transfer a file to the switch.

Regards,

Clint

Contributor

If the thing you are trying

If the thing you are trying to recover from is a bad AAA (authorization) config, then you cannot achieve this with the checkpoint and rollback options, because you cannot issue the command to rollback.

There are LOTS! of other cases of course, like you are trying to switch from one routing protocol to another, and the new routing protocol or policy doesn't come up the way you expected, so you can no longer reach the box.

You need to put the "reboot in" option back into the OS.  This is an essential command.

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Richard,Is there any

Hi Richard,

Is there any update on this? I agree with Derek reload in or a similar command as the Juniper commit confirmed command needs to be added back to the Nexus. Not sure what Cisco where thinking when they removed reload in. What method is there for people working remotely to recover from their mistakes?

Re: Hi Richard,Is there any

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards