cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000 Power redundancy

mx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I need to implement the command  "power  redundancy-mode redundant" on my 7K. I have enough power and supplies etc that I should be OK with doing it. But what I cant find is if the chassis needs a reload after this command?

Bob

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

From the config guide, it does not appear that you need to reload the switch, but you may want to do it after hours anyway.

Also, "power redundancy-mode redundant" is default.

The default mode is ps-redundant, which is recommended for most installations. Use caution when configuring combined mode, since power redundancy will not be available for the chassis.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/best_practices/cli_mgmt_guide/cli_mgmt_bp/init_config.html

HTH

Reza, thank you for the reply. This is what I have when I show my power settings currently. It seems like someone changed it then?

Power Usage Summary:
--------------------
Power Supply redundancy mode (configured)                Non-Redundant(combined)
Power Supply redundancy mode (operational)               Non-Redundant(combined)

Total Power Capacity (based on configured mode)              24000 W
Total Power of all Inputs (cumulative)                       24000 W
Total Power Output (actual draw)                              6030 W
Total Power Allocated (budget)                                9293 W
Total Power Available for additional modules                 14707 W

BRS-B13-ERS-AS#

Hi,

That is correct.  It appears that someone changed the default from redundant to combined.

I you want to change it back, I would recommend doing it during off hours just in case. Also, there shouldn't be any need for reboot.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card