Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000 vdc checkpoint

opnineopnine
Beginner
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a 7000 with 3 vdc context, when I do a checkpoint should I do it in every vdc context or should I do it in the Admin vdc?

thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
Mentor
Mentor

Hi

I would do it for each VDC as there independent from each other separate switches

Limitations

• You cannot apply a checkpoint configuration in a nondefault VDC if there is a change in the global configuration portion of the running configuration
  • Only one user can perform a checkpoint, rollback, or copy the running configuration to the startup configuration at the same time in a VDC.
  • Checkpoints are local to a virtual device context (VDC).
  • Checkpoint names must be unique. You cannot overwrite previously saved checkpoints with the same name.
  • Checkpoints created in nondefault VDCs are present upon reload only if a copy running-config startup-config command is issued in the applicable VDC and the default VDC.
  • Rollback is not supported in the storage VDC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mark Malone
Mentor
Mentor

Hi

I would do it for each VDC as there independent from each other separate switches

Limitations

• You cannot apply a checkpoint configuration in a nondefault VDC if there is a change in the global configuration portion of the running configuration
  • Only one user can perform a checkpoint, rollback, or copy the running configuration to the startup configuration at the same time in a VDC.
  • Checkpoints are local to a virtual device context (VDC).
  • Checkpoint names must be unique. You cannot overwrite previously saved checkpoints with the same name.
  • Checkpoints created in nondefault VDCs are present upon reload only if a copy running-config startup-config command is issued in the applicable VDC and the default VDC.
  • Rollback is not supported in the storage VDC.

Swamy Cheluvanarayana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Cisco NX-OS creates a checkpoint of the running configuration in the virtual device context (VDC) that you are logged into. You can create different checkpoint copies in each VDC. You cannot apply the checkpoint of one VDC into another VDC.

Reference http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/system_management/configuration/guide/sm_nx_os_cg/sm_7rollback.html#wp1079752

Thanks & Regards,

Swamy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: