Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7010 and VDC

Hi,

We are looking into starting to use VDC's on nexus 7k. At the moment we have only one default VDC and everything is in there.

I'd like to know real world experience with VDC's. Someone from Cisco told that aprox 10% of nexus customers are using VDC's

so i'm wondering why is that cause to me it looks like really nice and useful feature

Thanks

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Darius

The customer may not be interested in VDC coz they may not require the same to be installed, they might have gone in for other features like high backplane capacity, improvised architecture when compared to Catalyst 6500 and also the support for more no of 10Gig and 1Gig ports.

Also it supports few other features like VpC(Virtual port Channel) etc., which makes it bit attractive in the DCN space.

regds

Thanks spremkumar

i do understand why people are not using VDC, i just want to get opinion and real life experience from those who do use VDCs

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card