cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7010 Sup HA Active/Standby Swap

Rick Morris
Level 6
Level 6

If I have a 7010 and my primary sup becomes the standby and the secondary sup becomes the active will the interfaces go up or down with it?  I thought the Nexus line was non-disruptive, this was one of the selling points, however, I see interfaces go up and down as a result of this swap?  Is this normal or could this be a config issue or design flaw?

1 Reply 1

mgalazka
Level 1
Level 1

If the N7K is operating with dual supervisors in HA mode, there should be no interruption on the interfaces when forcing a switchover between supervisors.

You can use the "show system redundancy status" to verify that the primary sup is in HA mode and that the standby is in HA Standby prior to forcing a switchover.

The following document describes the process of replacing the active supervisor in a dual sup N7K -- I hope this helps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/high_availability/configuration/guide/ha_system.html#wp1081723

Regards,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card