cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7010 VDC License

Robert Pethick
Level 1
Level 1

How many VDCs does the Sup2E bundle come with? Is it just the admin VDC and have to license for additional VDCs? Running into an issue with not being able to run F2 and M1 cards in samel VDC. Does anyone know when 6.2 will be released.

3 Replies 3

Colby Beam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These cannot exist in the same VDC

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/58018

Also

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/6_x/nx-os/release/notes/60_nx-os_release_note.html#wp423808

"An F2-Series module requires its own F2-Series module VDC. This VDC is restricted to the F2-Series module; M1 and F1 ports cannot be in the F2-Series module VDC. The default VDC can also be configured as an F2-Series module VDC."

If this resolves your issue, please mark this post as a solution so others can benefit from it.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah this is an issue .  We have run into the same nightmare and haven't come up with any answer yet.  Is this supposed to be supported in version 6.2 ?

In 6.2.2 F2E can coexist with M1/M1XL (not sure about M2). Cannot coexist with F1.

I've been running this way (F2E+M1XL) for a couple of days. So far it looks broken on L2 uplinks. I've tried F2E to my core 6509's and M1 to the same. The etherchannel comes up, spanning tree builds and adds the ports on the 6509 side. No matter what I do, I cannot get the channel on the nexus side to participate L2. The config is there, everything the same as pre-6.2. Links are up, channel is up. No forwarding or participation in spanning tree. MTU the same.

VERY frustrating. This was working before with the cards separated into VDC's. I just don't have a need for them to be in separate VDC's burning $$$ in optics.

Edit: This was my bad. Finally found the issue. Fat-fingered config. Oh well.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card