Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7k bandwidth 1Mbps

I have a situation where traffic that transit a nexus 7k-sw1 only gets 1Mbps when connecting to ISP2. We are using a SVI on the nexus 7k-sw1 as the gateway for the flow. ISP2 is connected to the EDGE ASR router. If we bypass the 7k-sw1 and use the ASR as the default gateway for ISP2, then we get 2Gbps as it should. That is a 2Gbps to 1Mbps difference, there is something going on with this switch. 

I have been through this issue for 4 hours now, checking platform show command, control plane commands, policy-maps are none, and so on. Can someone start me down a path where they think this might be an issue. I know this is vague, but I am trying to see if someone out there has seen this before. I have already check the platform bandwifth and license on the routers and they are fine as well

8 Replies 8

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"only gets 1mps" do you mean 1mbps?

How are you checking the speed? Are you looking at the input and output rate of the interface?

"show interface ex/x" should show you the average speed of the interface?

HTH

LOL, yes, and I am laughing becaus i just saw this when I clicked on the notification button to get me back to this post. That is correct, I should of typed Mbps, so sorry

Also, I am check vpc consitency-parameters and I have different vlans on each switch and VTP is not working. I am not thinking this is an VPC issus forcing the traffic to go through a poor path whenever we failover from ISP1 to ISP2

It could be a vPC issue. Check "sh0w vpc inconsistency" to see the difference. When you have 2 switches vPCed together, you want to have the same exact number of VLANs on both switches,

HTH

Ok, i do not have the same amount of both devices. There is one extra vlan on one of the switches. Will this break all the VPCs?

Ok, VPCs are up and working now, but still having my issue with only getting 1Mbps when traffic is transiting my Nexus-Sw1

Can you post the output of "sh inter ex/x" when it is connected to the ISP?

Also, post the output of sh run inter ex/x

HTH

That I will have to wait for an hour to do, so it can be after hours

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card