cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K F3 and M1 Card QOS Classification

oqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

I need some guidance of how we can simultaneously achieve QOS classification with F3 and M1 cards on the same chassis. Knowing both cards uses different QOS structure, we are having issues in classifying traffic as those classification cannot be called in VDC where F3 card is attached.

Attached is the QOS design which was implemented with M1 card alone but with F3 card it doesnt work or rather I am not able to call class maps in tenant VDC.

4 Replies 4

TCAM
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to bring this old post back.  I have similar issue.  Did you resolve the F3 Qos issue?  Can you share your solution please?

Refer attached, catch is:

1) You define classification in Admin VDC

2) Queuing is defined in tenant VDC

3) Apply configs to interfaces

Thanks for quick response, I appreciated.

Q1 - Let me clarify that you now can call class-map from tenant VDCs for "8Q2T-IN-Q1" and "1P7Q4T-OUT-PQ1" on M1 and F3 cards using the configs & sequences mentioned in your post?

Q2 - If I don't want to touch the default policy, is there a way to copy the default policy then modify it?  If I create a new policy , does it also mean that I need to create a new "network-qos"?  Sorry for all these questions as Cisco doc is not very clear as of what to do.

Many thanks

You can create a new policy by copying default policy and modifying new one, Refer attached slide decks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card