cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7k Link-Flap detection - what is the rate?

Dear all,

I please have the following short question:

What is the flapping rate (down/up in what time interval) of an interface on a Nexus 7k to trigger the "errdisable link-flap" feature?

I have searched a lot of documents and on the internet but I have not found any explicit information on it for Nexus.

I have just found the general information that it is triggered on some Cisco devices when an interface goes up and down more than 5 times within 10 seconds.

Thank you for your feedback.

Cheers

Karl

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Do you have show errdisable flap-values  as an available command  on the N7K ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi. the "show errdisable flap-values" ist not available on my Nexus 7k with v7.2. Thats my Problem. ;-) show errdisable flap ? > Redirect it to a file >> Redirect it to a file in append mode | Pipe command output to filter Cheers, K.

- Check wether you can influence the behavior of flap detection with :

config # errdisable flap-setting cause link-flap max-flaps 3 time 20

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Sorry, even this is not available on N7K NX-OS 7.2 >>config # errdisable flap-setting cause link-flap max-flaps 3 time 20 Cheers, K.

aloeffle
Level 1
Level 1

SW2(config)# show event manager policy-state __ethpm_link_flap
Policy __ethpm_link_flap
Cfg count : 30
Cfg time interval : 420.0 (seconds)
Hash Count Policy will trigger if
----------------------------------------------------------------
Eth1/45 0 30 more event(s) happen in 420.0 sec
Eth1/47 0 30 more event(s) happen in 420.0 sec
Eth1/48 0 30 more event(s) happen in 420.0 sec
Eth1/1 0 30 more event(s) happen in 420.0 sec
SW2(config)#

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card