Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K out of band Management interface

Hamza Al-Qudah
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

regarding to the out of band Management interface , if I configured an intervace vlan to be as a managment interface for one vdc ( the default vdc )

, when I connected to this vdc via telnet , can I switch to any other vdc ?  ( suppose that I have the Admin role which allows me to enter and config all the vdc's )

If that is possible so that I dont have to make a dedicated managment ip for each VDC

I need to do that only if I want to make vdc admin's account to allow some users to access specific vlans only , is that true ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, it is possible.  When you login as admin and you want to get to another vdc, you just use this command:

switchto vdc

This will take to the that vdc.  If you want to switch back to the admin vdc, you just type "switchback"

HTH

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, it is possible.  When you login as admin and you want to get to another vdc, you just use this command:

switchto vdc

This will take to the that vdc.  If you want to switch back to the admin vdc, you just type "switchback"

HTH

thanx for ur reply

Hi All,

i tried to access non VDC admin by telnet but i was unable to access VDC admin,

is there a way to access VDC admin when i login another VDC by telnet.

Thanks,

Can you ping from non Admin VDC to Admin VDC vice versa?

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi Bilal,

when i was on non Admin VDC and i write "switchback" it didn't take effect.

Thanks,

Did you telnet to non admin VDC first? and then try switchback?

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi Bilal,

yes this is my testing and i didn't work?

Thanks

Yes, it will not work, the design is to go via admin VDC to all the other VDC's but none of them are allowed to get in to the admin VDC. This behaviour is by default and I do not think we can change this yet.

Hi Bilal,

Thanks for your replay.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card