Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7K Power Budget Configuration

Jovan Bogoev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if the power the Nexus 7K allocates per module is configurable?

For example, we are only using the 8 didicated ports on our N7K-M132XP-12 card. The Nexus budgets 750W for the module, but given that we will only ever use 8 of the 32 ports we would like to allocate the remaining power elsewhere.

Is this possible?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The power is assigned per module or per FAB.  For example a FAB-2 takes 80W regardless of how many you are using.

So, if you have 5 that is 400W total for all your FABs.

HTH

Hi Reza,

Thanks for your reply!

I understand that the Nexus allocates different power budgets for FAB's, Modules, Fans etc.... but my question is whether the allocation is configurable.

In our scenario we will only ever be using 8 of the 32 ports in the N7K-M132XP-12 line card. The Nexus has allocated 750W for the card but with only 8 ports in use it will never need 750W.

Thus I'd like to allocate the power that will not be used elsewhere i.e. to support a new line card that we will install without needing to upgrade or install more PSU's (we currently do not have enough power for the additional card)

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card