Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 93108TC-EX ip igmp helper-address Command Doesn't Exist

DmoNe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Nexus 93108TC-EX with software version 7.0(3)I7(5) and Essentials license installed. I notice with this software in interface configuration mode, the command "ip igmp helper-address" doesn't exist. This Nexus switch replaced a 3650 switch that was configured to forward all IGMP traffic out a different interface to a device managing all IGMP traffic. So for example, a host from VLAN 1 (with IP address 1.1.1.1) sends a IGMP report, on interface VLAN 1 of the 3650 I have the command "ip igmp-helper address 2.2.2.2" so that when interface VLAN 1 receives the report, the IGMP is forwarded out VLAN 2 on the port where the host 2.2.2.2 resides. I want to be able to forward all IGMP traffic from one VLAN interface out a different VLAN interface. Is this possible with the Nexus 93108TC-EX switch?  

10 Replies 10

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You may need feature dhcp in the configuration (first).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I enabled DHCP with "feature dhcp" command and the "ip igmp helper-address" command is still not showing. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Try - Feature PIM  - for IGMP

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The above is what I'm trying to achieve. The router that the Nexus connects to doesn't have PIM enabled so I have to be able to pass the IGMP traffic from VLAN 1 (1.1.1.254) to 2.2.2.2. 

Sorry, the right side is the producer but this doesn't really matter. Just trying to pass the IGMP traffic. 

anthonykahwati
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, did you solve this issue? I am having the same thing where I am going from IOS to NX-OS and no longer have the igmp helper command available.

Thanks

This did not get resolved. I believe this is not a feature of the Nexus nxos software. 

Thanks for replying. There must be a workaround for the situation. I can’t believe that a feature would be removed without a replacement. 
what have you done to get around the issue?

No worries. I'm not sure that forwarding IGMPs from one VLAN to another was ever a feature on the nxos, although it would be nice. My solution was to use a Catalyst IOS XE switch instead (Cisco Catalyst 9300 switch). Anything IOS XE seems to work, like the 3850 or 3650 switches. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card