Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 93180YC TCAM and NAT with vpc?

vivarock12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Bassicly the question is, should i use NAT static with VPC from what i have read that should not be done, can someone confirm this?

and this is the topology and what am trying to do:

The 95 are in virtual stackwise and the Nexus are in a VPC.  and a 40G portchannel is form via LACP.

____           _______

| 95 |------|  95-2  |

----            --------

|      \           ___|     |

|         \___/____      |

|     _____/        |      |

|__|___           ___|___|

| NX-1 |------|  NX-2  |

------            --------

So the thing is should i make the Nexus L2|L3  or the Cat9500 becuse i need to nat som traffic from one ip to other and i what to follow the best practices.

Thanks for the Help.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you can avoide doing NAT on Neuxs (i personally avoid.) - i prefer to do on Cat 9500 is good option. - again depends on design where you like to be done NAT.

here is the document for nexus Limitation :  Guidelines and Limitations for Static NAT

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/interfaces/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_0110...

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for the help, i read the document and it saids

The static NAT feature over vPC is not supported on Cisco Nexus 9300 platform switches.

That the only reference for this desing am going to try to put the nat and see if it works and if the config dont work, i will have the configuration for the Cat 95 ready for Copy and paste.

Thanks for the help.

and if anyone have other opinion please all ideas are good.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card