Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9508 SVI interface packet loss and High Latency

CSCO12361421
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert 

I have a problem on Nexus 9508. I have two nexus 9508. our campus are using this switch as a gateway. we create 10-12 SVI interface on it. Problem is when we ping our gateway we face high latency and some time packet loss. But when we try to ping internet and other ip which is not nexus ip it ping replay very smooth and latency is good. We also find some time CPU usages climb on 50-60% . Any body have any idea. Please help..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

This is possibly due to control plane policing. I observed the same behaviour during a 9396PX installation whereby pings to the SVIs resulted in high latency during normal operation and high latency and packet loss when a vPC peer was unavailable, however, all traffic including pings that transited the 9ks was fine.

The Nexus 9k has a number of built-in policies with the default being ‘strict’ I believe.

show copp status

Last Config Operation: None

Last Config Operation Timestamp: None

Last Config Operation Status: None

Policy-map attached to the control-plane: copp-system-p-policy-strict

Please check the control-plane stats by issuing the below command. Do you see any drops under this class?

show policy-map interface control-plane class copp-system-p-class-monitoring

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Its maybe because CoPP is configured on Nexus platforms.   See link below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/107031/packet-loss-when-pinging-fromto-nexus-7000

HTH

Thanks Reza..

willwetherman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

This is possibly due to control plane policing. I observed the same behaviour during a 9396PX installation whereby pings to the SVIs resulted in high latency during normal operation and high latency and packet loss when a vPC peer was unavailable, however, all traffic including pings that transited the 9ks was fine.

The Nexus 9k has a number of built-in policies with the default being ‘strict’ I believe.

show copp status

Last Config Operation: None

Last Config Operation Timestamp: None

Last Config Operation Status: None

Policy-map attached to the control-plane: copp-system-p-policy-strict

Please check the control-plane stats by issuing the below command. Do you see any drops under this class?

show policy-map interface control-plane class copp-system-p-class-monitoring

Thanks willwetherman.

Yes you r right. I create customize control panel  services policy. But i cant customize default copp-system-p-policy-strict. Thaks again..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card