cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9k - Module 1 returned status "Sufficient free entries are not available in TCAM bank"

Warren Sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, 

Fairly new to the Nexus line so this is a new one to me, i was in the middle of making some changes to our QOS model and the follwoing error sprung up halfway through applying service policies to interfaces;

20:46:18 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# interface port-channel20
20:46:18 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# service-policy type qos input PM-MAX-MARKING-POLICY
20:46:19 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# service-policy type queuing output PM-MAX-QUEUING-POLICY
20:46:20 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# interface port-channel21
20:46:21 || Core-MAX-EMP-9372PX-01(config-if)# service-policy type qos input PM-MAX-MARKING-POLICY
20:46:21 || rERROR: Unable to perform the action due to incompatibility: Module 1 returned status "Sufficient free entries are not available in TCAM bank"
20:46:21 ||

I rolled back the change to investigate/log with Cisco, at this stage i havent logged a ticket with TAC, thought i'd try here first....;-)

After looking into it a bit i see there is a fair amount of info for the 7k but not a lot for the 9k, surprise surprise!

I did find a doco Configure QoS TCAM Carving 7.0 but i'm not sure wheather i should be carving or resource pooling as alluded to in a number of 7k articles? Can we resource pool on the 9k?

See attached for output of;

• sh hardware access-list resource utilization
  • sh hardware access-list tcam region

I note that Ingress IPv4 Port QoS is almost full for instance 0x0 but empty for instance 0x1

I guess im worried that if i have to carve, and i lower a particular allocation that it will affect something else.....

Any help would be appreciated!

4 Replies 4

truggier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

my customer is getting the same error when he uses NAT

Sufficient free entries are not available in TCAM bank(3)

he's carved

hardware access-list tcam region qos 0
hardware access-list tcam region vacl 256
hardware access-list tcam region racl 256
hardware access-list tcam region nat 256
 i am also new to the nexus 9k so if a member of the bu could shed some light?

he only has a 26 line acl he's using to allocate the nat addresses..

so, not exactly qos but a similar issue?    the exact same error message, but for nat not for qos.

thanks team,

tricia

with great thanks to our cs-9000 team!  yay!!

customer recarved NAT TCAM to 2048

he's still monitoring and holidays = will not focus on this until january but good news so far.

thanks team!  :)

tricia

windsurferlee
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeing the same too when applying pretty much the same marking policy to a 93120 that I apply on 384-port 3850 stacks, yet the 93120 runs out of TCAM resources after applying the policy to 2 interfaces!

Going to log it with TAC as it sounds like something is not right....

Has anyone else seen and resolved this issue? NX-OS 7.0(3)I2(2)

i should have included:

N9K-C9372PX-E

and    to clear the nat table he has to NO feature nat

then feature nat

i'm going to recreate in a lab.

9k v 7.0.3I42 - clear nat table does not clear it, has to no feature nat, then reconfigure nat ~1x per week.    
far side sees port # changing simetimes Ghil sees port change on his side not always.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card