cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9K power requirements

g.hammond
Beginner
Beginner

Sorry if this has been answered in another thread but I couldn't find it.  Should be a quick and easy question to answer, though.  Anyway, I am planning on installing 9504s and 9508s in my core at some point this year and I am unable to determine 100% what the power requirements are. I need to tell my data center folks what to install for power.  

Does each (3kW) power supply require a dedicated circuit?  If so, how big?

Can I make use of a multi outlet rack mount PDU to plug in multiple PS? If so, how big should the circuit be?

Thanks,

Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bsiapco
Beginner
Beginner

Hello, g.hammond.

Power supply requirement must be 1 power supply 1 circuit to avoid downtime in case of

power failures meaning, 1 server to 1 circuit. Each power supply can run into 1 plug. This will be best for redundancy.  For further assistance kindly email me directly at (bsiapco@cisco.com).

Happy to Serve!

Barry

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

bsiapco
Beginner
Beginner

Hello, g.hammond.

Power supply requirement must be 1 power supply 1 circuit to avoid downtime in case of

power failures meaning, 1 server to 1 circuit. Each power supply can run into 1 plug. This will be best for redundancy.  For further assistance kindly email me directly at (bsiapco@cisco.com).

Happy to Serve!

Barry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers