Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9k VPC to Catalayst

alistair993
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people,

In industry I have only seen VPC deployments where Nexus switches are all using VPC and configured back to back (for example, 4 Nexus switches interconnected and configured all with VPC).

I have recently been labbing a scenario of having a dual pair of Nexus 9ks with VPC configured to a single downstream Catalyst (non-VPC) switch which has a regular port-channel configured. I managed to get this working although I had to force channel-group mode to ON for physical ports on both sides.

My question is does anybody have real life experience of this type of deployment working? Has anybody also configured this downstream to a pair of non-VPC switches?

Image below for example:

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
yes ,It should also work with LACP ,its standard enough setup , if you have switches in the DC that dont support VPC like catalyst switches

nazimkha
Level 4
Level 4
If the catalyst switches can do VSS then you can have vPC on one side and VSS on the other, something similar to back to back vPC

more info in this post

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/vss-core-and-vpc-distrubution/td-p/3064758
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card