cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9K

cindy.palmer
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to extend the number of ports of two Nexus 9Ks by hanging Nexus 93108s off them.  They are connected via cross connects (not fiber).  I can't get the "new" switches to talk to anything.  What am I missing?  I've trunked the connections and left it as all VLANs, but am not able to connect to anything.  Even on the same subnet.

All help appreciated!

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

do you have small diagram how you connected these switches and post the configuration along with version of nexus code running.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I don't have an actual diagram.  The new switches are in a private cage/ racked.  The connection goes to the patch panel at the top of the rack.  The mate is outside the cage at the top of the rack on the floor where the existing N9Ks live.  Hopefully that makes sense.

The existing 9Ks are running 7.0(3)I7(7), the new switches are running 9.2(2)

Hello Cindy,

Please paste the configuration of SVI's and trunks, so that we can determine the issue. Did you also enable the features?

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

Hello,

Not sure about SVI's and trunks.  You are definitely dealing with a newbie.  First time I've had to attempt this.

Features:  that is new one on me.  There are a lot of features enabled on the existing 9Ks (feature tacacs+, cfs eth distribute, feature ospf, feature interface-vlan, feature hsrp, feature lacp, feature vpc, feature lldp, feature vtp.  Nothing was enabled in setup on the new switches.

cindy.palmer
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all, I have solved my communication issues.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card