cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus dual homing question(s)

RonaldNutter
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to work up a config based on equipment that was ordered before I joined my current employer.

I will be deploying N2Ks at the top of each rack.  Each N2K will be dual homed to two different N5K's.

Being new to the Nexus, I understand that the N2K's have no brains and are dependent on the N5K's they connected to.

Wasnt sure how to tell each 5K that the 2K that was dual connected to it needed to be able to move between N5K's based on failure/availability.

I havent been able to find a sample config of what this will look like anywhere on the Nexus section of the Cisco site.

The next step after this will be to connect N5K_1 to blade on a 6509 and N5K_2 to a different blade on the same 6509.  I will be installing two of the 10Gig blades in the 6509. Havent been able to find any sample configs on what this would look like either.  We are upgrading the sup engines on the 6509 to the new 2T version.

Would appreciate any sample configs that you might know about.

Thanks,

Ron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

Take a look at the following document.  It will detail what you need to configure a N2k to connect to two N5ks.

Data Center Access Design with Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches and 2000 Series Fabric Extenders and Virtual PortChannels

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572829-01_Design_N5K_N2K_vPC_DG.pdf

Fabric Extender Active-Active Configuration

page62

HTH,

Dan Laden

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

Take a look at the following document.  It will detail what you need to configure a N2k to connect to two N5ks.

Data Center Access Design with Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches and 2000 Series Fabric Extenders and Virtual PortChannels

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9670/C07-572829-01_Design_N5K_N2K_vPC_DG.pdf

Fabric Extender Active-Active Configuration

page62

HTH,

Dan Laden

Thanks.  found that one.  just wanted to make sure that I hadnt missed any other docs on how to do this.

Ron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card