cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus emulation? Anyone?

chenson
Level 1
Level 1

I'm pretty sure the answer is "NO" but is anyone doing any kind of Nexus emulation (legally) for training/learning purposes?

Dynamips - NO

I.O.U. - NO (I think)

Others?

If this isn't the right forum please redirect me. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, there is a difference. Although the basic kernel and coding remains the same, NX-OS is customized for each of these platforms depending upon the software and hardware features needed. So they are not same. Look and feel and commands will be same, its only the features which differentiates.

Cheers,

-amit singh

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No there is no nexus simulation available.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thank you Amit.

So is there a difference between the NXOS you would run on a Nexus 5k or 7k VS the NXOS you would run as an instance on a virtual supervisor on a 1000V? I'm guessing it's not the same?

BACKGROUND: Basically what I'm looking for is something similar to Dynamips where I could emulate 1 or more platforms and tie them together as well. 1 platform would allow me to learn as well as train staff on NXOS. multiple platforms would extend that learning capability.

Yes, there is a difference. Although the basic kernel and coding remains the same, NX-OS is customized for each of these platforms depending upon the software and hardware features needed. So they are not same. Look and feel and commands will be same, its only the features which differentiates.

Cheers,

-amit singh

Thank you Amit.

Hello Team,

I am using web-iou but i cannot ping directly connected routers or switches..only getting Encapsulation failed or Incomplete arp. For Network adapter using "NAT"  as web-iou not working on anyther Network like bridged or Host only.

Could you help me on this issue??

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card