cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus N9372TX breakout Cable Config

Patrick Connor
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with the Nexus 9372TX  and utilizing the QSFP-40G-SR4 40gig to 10gig optics.  The documentation of the code version 7.0(3)I4(6) defines using the interface breakout command to split the interface and define the 4 10gig sub interfaces.  I am at a loss as to why this command is not available. I can to find reference to an addition "feature" that is require.  

the Sho interface Transceiver command does show the proper device and the stats on the 4 lanes created by the breakout optic.   

If someone knows the trick to this please help.

Thanks 

PC

Ethernet1/53
transceiver is present
type is QSFP-40G-SR4
name is CISCO-FINISAR
part number is FTL410QD3C-C1
revision is A
serial number is FIW204102DE
nominal bitrate is 10300 MBit/sec per channel
Link length supported for 50/125um OM2 fiber is 82 m
Link length supported for 50/125um OM3 fiber is 300 m
cisco id is 13
cisco extended id number is 16

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The command "interface breakout slot x port x" is not available under the interface?

HTH

The documentation indicates the "interface breakout" is a global command not interface command but to your point no it was not available either global or under any of the 6 40gig ports.  

You are correct. The document for the 9300 shows it being available globally only. The reason I said under the interface is because I tried this command on a 5596q and it is available both globally and under the interface and I thought it might be missing from the 9300 documentation, but you are not seeing it in either places.  Very strange.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/interfaces/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Interfaces_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_010.html

agreed, It is frustrating as well obviously the docs are all over the place say "just do this" but that is not there.  I am thinking maybe a code issue.  either that or in the current code they hide the command under a feature that is not enabled but not documented.

100% agree with you. I would not be surprised if Cisco has completely changed the command to something else and has not documented anywhere. That is also one of the reasons when I find a decent version, I stay with it and try not to upgrade as long as it is possible, as I have not idea what they will change from one version to another to break the systems. You may want to open a ticket with TAC and see if they know of any change to this command. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card