Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus OSPF

Hi, i am new in nexus and need some help in OSPF

i have nexus connected to another router and the interfaces are trunk between them, i am forming the ospf between vlan5 in each router there is interface vlan 5 and ip x.x.x.1 and x.x.x.2 in the other router

ihave many vlans in that range10.153.x.x/16

how i can advertise 10.153.x.x/16 in ospf nexus 7K ? should i enable ospf on each vlan in that range?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

Yes please review the example above, I believing its the correct config for a NX-OS switch regards OSPF

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello

david_kamal2000@yahoo.com wrote:

how i can advertise 10.153.x.x/16 in ospf nexus 7K ? should i enable ospf on each vlan in that range?

Thanks

Specify the ip address of the vlan you which to ospf peer with and advertise from within that interface

example:

10.10.10.1 is in vlan 10 - advertise and form an adjacency  

10.150.0.1/16  vlan 150  —-advertise but not to form any adjacency 

10.153.0.0/16 encompass 50 other vlans —-like to advertise as a whole 

feature ospf

Router ospf 1

area 0 range 10.153.0.0/16

Interface vlan 10

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.252

ip router ospf 1 area 0

interface vlan 150

ip address 10.150.0.1 255.255.0.0

ip ospf 1 passive interface default 

ip router ospf 1 area 0

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

so if i enabled the ospf on the vlan connecting the 2 routers, that will enable the hall range ?10.153.0.0/16?

so if i have 10 vlans start with 10.153.x.x i don't have to enable ospf on each of them?

Thanks

Hello

if you enable ospf on one specific vlan then it will advertise its whole subnet it attached to into ospf and will try to establish an adjeceny to any other ospf enabled interface in that subnet however you can also advertise the rest of your vlans in ospf withouthaving those vlans also try to establish a peering session

The passive interface default command negates any routing update be sent or received to all interfaces unless you specify the no passive interface which will then allow these updates and neighbourship to be established in that specific interface 

Kind Regards
Paul

Paul, could you please give me configuration example for ospf in nexus 7k

thanks

I think he has already provided the example in his earlier post

Hello

Yes please review the example above, I believing its the correct config for a NX-OS switch regards OSPF

Kind Regards
Paul

Thank Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card